Thursday, May 8, 2008

First Day High!

Now, I can officially say that I already have a job. It is my first day of work earlier. As I promised, I am going to tell some details of my job. Well, presently I am working at John Clements Consultants, Inc. as a Talent Acquisition Associate for their Executive Search and Selection Division. For those who doesn't know anything about Executive Search, well it is basically the process of recruiting, what we mean by this is not the ordinary HR-type of recruitment but things like Targeted Selection Interviewing and the likes. candidates either from an active databank, or headhunting (or mamirata!) for certain executive positions (take note, Sr. Managers up to CEOs only) for our client companies. Most of the companies that our division handles are multinational companies across various industries (name it!).

How was my first day so far?

Well it was pretty much ok, I was surprised to know that there were only two of us who had the position, both of us fresh graduates. As expected (as it was already mentioned in my Final Interview) we were bombarded with all the learning tools and modules we need to feed our brains with to be fit for the tasks and responsibilities they will be giving us in the near future. This is Executive Recruitment. This is done by more seasoned (as suggested by our boss to use this instead of "senior") recruiters and consultants. So it is really something I am not really used of doing or even expecting to get in to this early. Anyways I thank God for this job. For the next 6 months of this employment we will be under this super comprehensive recruitment/recruitment sales & marketing training, projecting this management trainee-ish effect ba! we were also given and will still be given special projects, which are expected outputs after the initial 3 months of the training.

Going back to school?

It is like going back to school really, we were given this manuals on everything executive recruitment and related topics for us to study in the whole duration of the training. Like school, we will also have exercises, quizzes, exams, activities etc. and some certifications for us to uberly develop our skills so parang careerin na ba ang recruitment? Not only this, by the end of the training we have to pass this particular certification/assessment for us to proceed to the next level, if not then back to square 1. talking about too much pressure! huhuhu.

Will write more about my job again as soon as i can, for now, I need to sleep! I have to freshen up those neurons for tomorrow's new round of cerebral torture! unlike kanina na sabaw ako kasi 3 am na ako nakatulog last night kaka-fillout nung requirements (sss, philhealth, pag-ibig etc.)

till my next blog!

No comments: