Monday, May 12, 2008

Comfortable

This is one characteristic I could prettty much describe my first job, a lot of things really does make it comfortable.

1. Proximity: When I was still looking for a job I really made sure that it would either be in Makati or in the Fort, or in some cases Libis. Pero ayun nga, based na talaga ako sa Makati.

2. Public transport: going to work was a lot more easier than the time I was still in collge sa USTe, dapat 1 1/2-2 hours ang alloted travel time ko. Manila kung Manila, commute kung commute, mapa-fx, dyip, trike, mrt, lrt pati pedicab isama mo na. lahat nasubukan ko na. In my work, paglabas ko ng bahay, after ng isang block, eureka! terminal na ng fx na biyaheng ayala-makati.

Pag pauwi naman ibang kwento, way back in college, the same time allotment depende sa oras at traffic. I still remember, nung freshmen pa ako, mas mahaba pa ang travel time ko kaysa sa mismong classes ko, half day lang kasi ako back then. ngayon naman sa work paglabas ko ng building tawid lang ako ng ayala ave papuntang legaspi village, tapos lakad ng kaunti papuntang de la rosa carpark, ayun! terminal na! ang swerte ko nga naman.

3. Work Space: Last monday, I was already designated to my work area/cubicle. so far, I am satisfied with it dahil una, di siya kasing lamig (ga-refrigirator!) ng conference room, sunod nakikita ko lahat ng papasok and e-exit ng office (katabi ng reception area), and lastly katabi ko si dien, ang maganda at very accomodative research associate ng john clements, she's always there to entertain my inquiries. On the other hand, mabagal ang computer ko, so kamusta ang oras na paghihintay sa pag-open ng pdf files? My boss assigned me kasi to research on the particular industry my future account will be coming from. basta, elaborate ko na lang sa ibang entry.

4. Accessibility: our office is very much accessible to places where I would get my neccessities like: ang 7-11 and Ministop, pagbaba ko ng bldg, andyan na, nandyan din ang ever famous na jolly jeep, ang starbucks, at marami pang iba, so ayun.

Enough with the things na kanina ko pa dinadaldal, by the way I am proud to say that I just finished a 2-day training on Effective Sourcing, yehey! (will post the pics soon) I know this would really help me a lot, since more than half of what I will be doing in my present work is really this. By the way I was commended earlier by my trainer na ok pala ako maghandle ng call, in fairness maayos sa isang first timer, considering na senior manager ng isang foreign IT company (name must not be divulged) ang kinausap ko. Clap clap for me!

Honga pala, i forgot to write about mother's day, so in exchange of that, I post this pic of me with my mom, this was taken when I was still that cute (and snob) toddler (pansinin ang simangot sa mukha). With all the things I mentioned earlier regarding my work, and knowing that my mom is always there around me...

...Life indeed is very Comfortable.

Ewan ko ba, pero it seems na all things are meant to be comfortable at least for me this time in my life. Thank God for these things!

God bless everyone, till my next blog entry ulit!

No comments: