Wednesday, December 31, 2014

#Thanks2014

This year has been one of the best years I've had so far and no words can explain how thankful I am for this amazing year! I know that it has been 2 years since I last wrote an entry in this blog, but that will not stop me by ending the year with a new one. :)

I will shy away from my usual blog entries and instead focused on being thankful with everything this year.


I am thankful that my sister graduated from high school and with an academic award (naks!) to go with that. Our parents are very very much proud of your achievements and we are excited to see more in the future!



In this same year, JC also turned 18 which makes me 20+ years old. haha but, as we always tell her, being legal has a lot of implications and responsibilities that should be taken seriously. 

As with every year,  travel will always be my source of balance, and this year has also been a great travel year for me, I had a chance to see the pristine and paradise-like beaches and towns of Siquijor (opposite to the island's image of supernatural and occult beliefs), the warmest welcomes and smiles of the people of Dumaguete, their natural wonders  and of course their to-die-for sylvannas.


As a continuation from the previous paragraph, I also had a chance of visiting two wonderful countries this year, Vietnam and Cambodia. Vietnam always made me curious of the real taste of their authentic Pho, the mix of asian and french culture as well as their cu-chi tunnels. On the other hand, Cambodia always interests me of the Khmer rouge and the Angkor Wat temples and its cultural impact to southeast asia.


This year is indeed full of blessings and when I mean blessings, it also came in a form of an AUV, this year has been a milestone year for me as I had a chance to purchase my first ever vehicle. Indeed a dream come true, and part of my "before 30" bucket list.


In terms of my career, I am thankful for the opportunities that have been given to me at work as well as the corresponding rewards that was a fruit of my sincere labor and an award to cap it off. Indeed a good year for me at work. :)


Neverending thanks to my friends, who will always be there in times of fun and importantly in times when true friendships are tested. Love this bunch of crazy animals!! :)






Lastly, but definitely not the least, this year marks our 5th anniversary as a couple. As I always tell Cat, our relationship is so far my longest commitment/employer/attachment. :) Kidding aside, I am so proud of how we both matured into such forward thinking, practical and intellectual (naks!) or nerd maybe individuals. I don't know where time will bring us in the next few years, but I hope i am still with you! :) Looking forward to travels, dates, fullybooked tambays, and even the heated intellectual arguments that we always have!

As a whole, its #Thanks2014 and see you 2015! for those who had a time and patience to read this blog entry, I give you a simple treat below a good mashup of the pop hits of 2014 by Daniel Kim! Enjoy and Happy New year everyone!!!!

No comments: