Sunday, June 14, 2009

countenhear

1,2,3 I was counting lizards on our ceiling
I hear noises from outside
Noises that will be part earth’s horizon
Off as my light went out…everything was hidden on darkness

3,4,5 I was counting advertisements on tv
I hear dogs barking, and cats meowing
The sofa was soft as I was lying
Watching shows that networks do for living

6,7,8 I was counting text messages on my mobile
I hear my keypads being pushed as if they were spelling out
every letter i put in.
The bed was ready to be laid on but i still refuse.

9 and 10 I was counting how many hours have passed and I still think of you
I hear the alarm waking me up and saying a bright morning
but every day that passes, 1-10 would still be 1-10 if only you were right here with me...

....then every number wouldn't be the same